Monday, July 23, 2012

Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your feet from being caught.
Proverbs 3:25 NASB

I won't do this often; this time is special. I had another blog planned today, but I felt this was more important. Some of you probably have read Marie's blog by now; it's gone viral, especially on Facebook, having reached more than a million people. I considered linking it as well on Facebook, but decided I wanted it to have a slightly more "permanent" link in my life.

If you haven't read it, please take a moment and read the response of a woman who was in that Aurora, Colorado, theater, who lay down on her daughter to protect her from the shooting, who stepped over a lifeless body to get out. Especially take to heart her daughter's response, with the above verse.


A Miniature Clay Pot: So you STILL think God is a merciful God?!



2 comments:

  1. I would have missed this article had you not posted it. Because the Lord spared my son, myself and the unborn child I carried from arriving at our local mall at the exact time and entrance as a schizophrenic shooter, the author was able to touch places in my heart that few can know. I've often wondered why God spared our lives only to conclude that He uses us as living testimonies to His love and greatness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this post while the news was running constant coverage in the back ground of my living room. I sat there with tears in my eyes, courage in my heart and one more crack in my heart where God could speak to me more clear. This was THE BEST POST - HANDS down regarding this tragic event. SOO thankful she shared this.
    (and that you shared it as well. Thank you!!)
    -AJ Luck-

    ReplyDelete